A guide to next steps in study
Congratulations! You are on your way to achieving a Level 1 qualification in literacy or numeracy. If you haven't already given any thought to further learning this is the time to do it. Why not think about courses that you could join? Always remember to check the entry requirements for any course or training you are planning to do.
There are many ways to find out more about what is available:
- work-related courses leading to, for example, NVQs for catering, health and social care, supervisory and management, and teaching assistants
- further education and higher education courses such as Access into nursing, teaching or courses leading to higher level teaching assistant status
- family learning courses to help you support your child with their reading and maths
- courses for relaxation and interest such as crafts, sports and computing.
- If you are already on a course, talk to your course tutor.
- Most colleges and Local Education Authorities have a brochure of what is on offer.
- If you like the look of a course, ask to see a course description to make sure it's the right one for you. Book an appointment with someone to talk through your options.
- Contact the advice line 0800 101 901 to find out about a whole range of courses in your area.
- For further information and advice, have a look at these web sites: